A virtual race is simply a footrace in which each participant registers online, then goes out and runs the required race distance on their own time – choosing their own start line and route – then they upload their race data or finish time, and pick up their swag.
Why do a Virtual Race?
While nothing can quite compare with the genuine buzz every participant feels at the starting line of a traditional race, a virtual race is currently our safest option in order to continue to raise funds for our school district.
Here's how it works...
1. Starting March 1st, register at RunSignUp to secure your automatic bib assignment. PLEASE NOTE:If you are interested in receiving a race t-shirt, you must register on or before April 24, 2021. No exceptions.
2. Download the RaceJoy Virtual Race Tracking App (outdoor use only) or use your favorite distance tracking app/watch/treadmill.
3. Run, walk or jog the 3.1 miles (5K) on your own or with family/friends, on an outdoor route of your choice or treadmill, during the race day window of opportunity any time from April 25 until noon (12:00 p.m. CST) on May 15, 2021.
4. Submit your results via the RaceJoy app or log in to RunSignUp and print your finisher's certificate.
5. Pick up your finisher medal, sponsorship swag, and race t-shirt* on May 15, 2021.
* Race t-shirts given to qualified registrants only.
Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103 Parent-Teacher Organization is a registered 501(c)(3) not for profit organization. Our tax identification number is 36-3195479.